Wednesday, October 21, 2009

David Carson


I wanted to find an artist from the list and focus on commerical work specifically. I've talked a lot about how I have come to dislike and disdain advertising in general, but there are aspects about it that I like. I can appreciate branding--supplying a company with an image, an identity, a recognizable symbol that represents the company. I already looked at Vignelli's impressive logo design for American Airlines below. I like this piece for Western Union too, because it creatively answers a question and gives the company its identity by providing us with the one work we all love to hear. It's eye catching, post-modern, and elegant, something also seen in some of Carson's other commercial work.

Big Surf Magazine Covers (2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment